Slow Downby The Well Daily
April 6, 2012
Increasing downtime is one of many keys to a happy and healthy life. If you can't reduce your to-do list, take a few moments out of the day to quiet your mind. Not sure where to start? Try some of our favorites:
- Unwind your mind; take the long way home. And if you can—We know, it's gonna be hard—turn off your cell phone.
- Schedule one evening a week to do something that's just for fun.
- Think thoughts of gratitude before jumping out of bed in the morning. Take it a step further and express those thoughts!
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths while waiting for your coffee to brew.
- Loosen up those legs and go for a stroll after lunch or dinner.
- Bring a treat to a friend or neighbor who might be in need of a little boost.